Author: Venkataraman Ramachandran
Anant Krishna Rao Deshpande
Chemical engineering graduate from KREC / NIT K Surathkal,1984 batch
36 years experience in cement industry
Hobbies: Chess, Ayurveda, Singing
The fascinating journey of a person who managed to find a cure for diabetes, which he was suffering from for a long time.
Challenges of being diabetic:
Anant Krishna Rao Deshpande, a chemical engineering graduate from NITK Surathkal started having sugar (diabetic) problems in the year 2011. Tried out some natural remedies (Karela juice + Jamoon) suggested by the aunt, but it didn’t seem to work.
The situation was starting to go out of control with a substantial increase in sugar parameters and there was no option but to commence allopathic treatment, adding to the pressure from the family who were not convinced enough with the natural remedies obviously as no positive results were seen
As the condition got worse with a more gradual increase in sugar values, The treatment demanded major restrictions on diet, clear guidelines on what and what not to eat being charted out, a total ban on having sweets, and so on. The medicines and dosages also seemed to be scaling up (Metamorphin to Glycomet in 2016) and things were not looking good. Heavy restrictions on food also did not help and it was uncomfortable overall with no chance to have any outside food at events, sweets, or anything that would please the taste buds.
Ayurveda – Magic formula:
It was time for drastic measures and turnaround started in 2018 thanks to a mixture of natural ayurvedic formula made up of the below ingredients
– Karela juice
– Jamoon powder
– Black jeera
– Methi powder
The above ayurvedic formula in tandem with the allopathy treatment that was being continued helped to reduce the sugar levels (HbA1C) from 8 to 6.5 in terms of values. Seeing the improvement resulted in interest and trigger to do more research on the field of Ayurveda. After going through many books, the internet, and other material on Ayurveda by himself, Anant Rao was convinced that he was able to find herbs to cure diabetes. It all came down to one ayurvedic medicinal formula finally and the key ingredient was “Gudmar” which is used even in Patanjali tablets.
Here are 2 Kannada books referred by Anant for gaining his knowledge in Ayurvedic medicines.
After applying the formula for his treatment and seeing excellent results, there was the confidence to recommend it to friends and relatives too. The feedback was positive and beneficiaries of the new ayurvedic medicine were now a larger percentage.
A quick peek at the results and approach to treatment – Ayurvedic medicines are traditionally expected to act slowly for the first 2-3 months. To start with, the suggestion is to have it in parallel with the allopathic medication for 6 months. Gradually, the magnitude of allopathic treatment can be completely reduced and potentially once stopped once the parameters are back to normal.
Diet Lessons learnt:
The notable advantage observed with ayurvedic medicine which was one of the key lessons during the research – Ayurveda helps to overcome the resistance encountered by the glands in generating insulin which originally leads to the diabetic condition. Resistance in the generation of insulin is completely overcome with the help of the medicine even though the technical element behind how is not known in detail. Once the insulin regeneration improves and gets back to normal thanks to the magic formula, Life is back to normal. Food or diet routine was back to normal though usage of sugar had restrictions.
Let’s look at some of the lessons learned, to-do’s to be followed and other benefits noticed after the treatment with this ayurvedic medicinal formula for diabetes.
– Sugar to be kept aside as it is supposed to contain Sulphur.
– Jaggery based food can be consumed to a reasonable extent.
– Gudmar, the game-changer kills the sugar-eating appetite of the person. You keep 5 Rasgullas (Indian sweet) in front, hunger will be controlled to eat only one.
– After having this medicinal concoction, One feels energetic when doing physical activities.
– Walking for half a kilometer was a tall order earlier. With the medicine intake, 3 to 4 kilometers of walking seemed an easy clock.
– Giloy or Amrutaballi which is one of the ingredients that improves immunity.
– Krishna Tulasi is also found to be very good among the Tulasi plants.
– The sugar values (HbA1C) came down to under 7 after which the doctor started reducing the dosage of allopathic medicines.
– One should continue to have the ayurvedic medicine along with the other prescribed medicines until the situation gets back to normal and also check sugar levels (HbA1C) every 15 days without fail.
– Urination during the night time also reduced with time.
– Ayurvedic medicines are a good option considering that the side effects of allopathic medicine are not good.
Sharing knowledge and resources:
Anant has taken the results of his research to the next level by manufacturing the ayurvedic medicine himself at home in the form of tables which makes it easy for people to swallow. There are no regulatory issues for medicines. Known contacts from Andhra, Karnataka, Tirupathi, Kolhapur and Goa are already taking the medicines
The normal dosage would require 270 tablets approximately for a month. For critically diabetic patients, 3 tablets are recommended at a time of the day which makes it 9 tablets/day. Those who want to avail the medicine and fruits of valuable research can reach out via Whatsapp. 1 to 2 months advance notice would be required to provide the medicines. The cost of the tablets would be around 1000/- rupees per month which include 850/- rupees for the medicine and 150/- approximately for the courier charges.
Anyone interested can buy the tablets by ordering online within India at the below link.
People can also get the ingredients from the shop and prepare the tablets at home. Reference books (In Kannada) are also provided for research and reference.
Tips on diet
– Upma prepared using Bombay Rava (fine grain sooji) is not recommended for consumption. Upma made of wheat Rava is a better option.
– Sweet and acidic fruits should not be eaten together. E.g. Fruit salad. Guava is rated to be the best and Watermelon is good too
– Normal rice and chappathi should be fine. Brown and boiled rice are better for diabetic patients in comparison with raw rice which is fine to a reasonable extent too.
Hope you thoroughly enjoyed the interesting story of a man who through his research probably found one of the best ayurvedic solutions for diabetic problems. What started as an attempt to solve a personal challenge has now ended up in giving respite to a lot of other people with uncontrollable diabetic problems.
Anant’s story is quite fantastic. Kudos on the great results arrived after the excellent research for one of the most common health problems faced by numerous people across the world.